Page 1 of 1

Album release details

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:20 pm
by pretpat
Hayden’s tenth studio album, The Recent Past, is released today in physical formats and available on vinyl, CD and cassette through the Hardwood Records online shop. You can also find the LP in your local record shop.

The new song, “Time Has Been More Kind“, is shared today on streaming platforms.
Tracklist:
  1. This Beautiful Day
  2. Bombs Away
  3. Stardust Or Avalon
  4. Outta Nashville
  5. Field of Lovers
  6. Come For Us
  7. Small Town Airport Restaurant
  8. Time Has Been More Kind
  9. On My Mark
  10. Makes No Sense
  11. You’re The Only Reason
Info from the newsletter
Hey, some of you may know by now, but I quietly released a new record a couple of weeks ago at the first of my Revue Cinema residency shows in Toronto. It's called The Recent Past and it's a collection of 11 new songs recorded mostly in Toronto and some in Grey County, and mixed in Chicago.

When it came time to roll it out, I thought it would be fun to only have it available in physical formats for awhile (vinyl, CDs and cassettes). I'm quite fond of tangible objects and I actually use all three of these archaic formats at home. (I'm old)

The Recent Past vinyl, CD and cassette are now available through the Hardwood Records online shop. The LP is out today in your local record stores as well, and if you don't see it, please ask them to order a copy. The digital format of the album will be available on November 6th.

I'm also sharing the first single from the album today called "Time Has Been More Kind" and you can find it on streaming platforms now. It is perhaps the most "country" sounding song I've ever recorded. One of my favourite concerts was country legend Ray Price opening for Willie Nelson at Massey Hall in 2009. He played with a classic old school ensemble including pedal steel and double fiddles. It was perfection. To match the regretful, longing, rosy retrospection of the song's narrative, I tried to channel that feeling and atmosphere on this recording. I enlisted some of our county's best musicians to come by the house- Adam Hindle on brushed drums, Miranda Mulholland on fiddles, Matt Kelly on pedal steel and Ben Whitely on upright bass all added their magic.

Thanks so much to everyone who came out to the Revue shows, I had such a great time playing there.

More soon,
Hayden