Introduce yourself

General off-topic discussions; introduce yourself!
pretpat

Introduce yourself

Post by pretpat »

I'm Pat and I'm from the Netherlands.
"Bad As They Seem" was the first song I heard from Hayden and I've been a fan ever since.

Pat
I can't believe how one thing changes everything and nothing will ever be the same again.

Chutchison

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Chutchison »

I have been a fan since 1995. From Oshawa, Ontario

My wife and I have seen Hayden three times, an amazing show in 1999 at Nipissing University in North Bay, 2004 in Toronto at Lee's Palace (I think) and at the Danforth music hall in 2008.

So glad to see that things are moving again for Hayden, and can't wait to hear the new music and see him again.

DirtRock

Post by DirtRock »

From Toronto, now living in Calgary, I've been a fan since Everything I Long For.
I've seen Hayden live at Convo Hall (live album!), Winter Garden Theatre, Horseshoe Tavern, and MTV where he signed my Elk Lake cd. I love all his albums, but I think In Field And Town is his weakest, doesn't have the charm he is known for.
Can't wait to see what he does next, and I am always on the lookout for rare tracks and bootlegs, I have lots I could share :)

KrazyD

Post by KrazyD »

I'm from Massachusetts, USA. Discovered Hayden around 2001 when Skyscraper was released. Soon after, acquired the rest of the catalog. Forgive me for being late to the party, down here we really have to go looking to find him.

I was fortunate to catch four shows on the In Field & Town tour: Allston, MA; Northampton, MA; Somerville, MA (opening for Juliana Hatfield); Chicago, IL. Really hoping he comes back to the States in support of the new album.

One of the admins (I think) had posted a link to a Dropbox folder with tons of bootlegs. If you see this, could you repost the link on this new forum? Thanks!

Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm from San Antonio, TX, originally, but now live in Austin. I first got hooked on Hayden when I heard the song "Home by Saturday" in 2004 while I was a freshman in college. About every year I managed to get an old Hayden album (they're not easy to find in Texas, so I got an Amazon account just to buy Hayden albums), and each record subsequently defined every year of my college experience. His music means a lot to me.

I've seen him live twice in Austin. First when he opened for Feist at Stubb's, and again when her performed at the Cactus Cafe.

Cheers.

Brent

Post by Brent »

I'm Brent, from Fort McMurray, Alberta. I'm 31 and have been hooked since Bad As They Seem. I've seen him live 4 times in Edmonton, even recorded the show a few times. I put the link up to my DropBox folder with the recordings in a topic in the Tape Trading section. Can't wait to hear the songs on the new album!

Dr. Jimathy

Post by Dr. Jimathy »

I first heard Hayden in 1st year at University of Guelph, shortly after The Closer I Get was released. He has since been my favourite artist and one of the only ones that I don't hit skip when his music comes on the ipod.

I have seem him numerous times, both with band and solo in both large and intimate venues. In university, did a mini-tour for a long weekend and saw Hayden 3 times (London, Waterloo, Guelph) in 4 nights with the Rheostatics in between on the Saturday. I have also seen him in the Toronto area when he has played since at a variety of places - The Rivoli, Wintergarden Theatre, Massey Hall, Convocation Hall, Foodstock (Melancthon), The Grad Lounge (Kingston).

I feel in love with my wife with Hayden as the soundtrack - Two Doors is our wedding song. I enjoy all his albums as they each represent a different time in my life and now most nights I put my daughter to sleep with some of his instrumental tunes.

I am thankful for the music he and his friends have created and look forward to the next chapter. I have a handful of quarters ready...

schimmel

Post by schimmel »

Hi everyone. First heard of Hayden in 2006. He has been my favorite artist by far ever since. Looking forward to the new album, especially since his latest tweet. Really hope it is released this week! Would love to see him live, and I'm not even a fan of shows- if he comes anywhere close to seattle I will make the trip to see him.

Ceemonk

Post by Ceemonk »

Hello All,

I first heard Hayden in 2002 when I was living in LA. I was a dishwasher at a coffee shop and one of the other employees gave me a copy of the Vault Mixtape. As with most of you on the board, I can't express how much his music has meant to me over the years.

I've seen him three times over the years; once in LA, once in Detroit, and while I was living in Europe in 2007 I was fortunate to see him open for the National in Milan.

I can't wait for the next album!

-Curtis
Nothing peculiar, we'll just go for a truck ride.

luca

Post by luca »

hey!

I'm new to this site! I'm a long time Hayden fan since I got his cassette "In September" when I was in high school.
Just wanted to say hi