Hayden's Gear and Band Members' Gear?

General Hayden-related discussions
seanrockon

Hayden's Gear and Band Members' Gear?

Post by seanrockon »

Does anyone have current and/or historical information as to Hayden's guitar choices, amplifier choices, etc.? Similarly, what about his bandmates's choices in gear? I read somewhere that Hayden has used Guild guitars. I am most interested to learn the various acoustic guitars that Hayden has used over the years. Thanks, forum mates, for any helpful info!

seanrockon

Re: Hayden's Gear and Band Members' Gear?

Post by seanrockon »

I have seen a photo of Hayden playing what appears to be a Gibson J-45? Certainly looks vintage. I wonder what year it is -- anyone have an idea?
Last edited by seanrockon on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris »

I'm pretty sure he talks a bit about gear with Wayne Petti in the Southern Souls podcast here: https://player.fm/series/southern-souls ... /17-hayden
Chris | wasteyourdaysaway.com
[email protected]
@chrstaylr

robbroncs

Post by robbroncs »

one secret i always wondered is how he gets his snare to sound that way. it's such a distinct loose, yet dry sound. a handful of years ago i was at a show...and 2 seconds into it, i could tell the opening act was using his kit.

seanrockon

Post by seanrockon »

Thanks, guys, for the info! I'd be interested to learn more about his gear and how he gets his sound (besides the songwriting and talent).

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

I'd also like to know about his recording gear. My understanding is he records to tape and digitizes it (last I heard), but I'd love to know more abou that, too.

PGK

Post by PGK »

Hey if i could also jump in with a related question.. i saw Hayden perform in 2000 in Ottawa and he used a drum machine. Id love to know what kind he used. Anyone?

robbroncs

Post by robbroncs »

i know he uses a Boss RC-30 for looping. but no clue what the drum machine is. he had most of it on the RC's memory.